Monday, September 26, 2011

Wedding Week {Bridal Portraits}

Bridal portraits are part of a southern tradition.
I know a lot of people choose to forgo the portrait. It is an extra expense and who really wants a huge picture of yourself? Personally, I am really glad that I did it. For one, it gives you a chance to practice your hair and makeup before the big day. Also, on the day of your wedding there is no time! I was ready to get the party started and did not want to spend a lot of time taking photos.  



If you are anything like me choosing a wedding photographer was the most difficult decision. There are so many amazing photographers in North Carolina. Lucky for me--I got to have two different photographers. I used Kristin Byrum Photography for the bridal and Nancy Ray Photography for the wedding.

Some of my other favorite photographers in NC:
Abigail Seymour
Cyn Kain Photography

LOCATION:
I decided to do my portraits at the The Duke Mansion in Charlotte, NC. I mean seriously, those floors and the chandeliers.  This would be an AMAZING location for a wedding.


I also chose the location because it had indoor and outdoor options to take pictures.


DETAILS:
My dress was the Tamara by Monqiue Lhuillier.




The veil was by Cheryl King Couture


Shoes were Charm by Kate Spade.


I got my bouquet of pink peonies from The Bloom Room in Charlotte.


I loved my bridals and I loved getting to work with Kristin and her husband Aaron.  No, I do not have a life size picture of myself hanging in my house (even putting the pictures on here seems a little vain) but I think one day it will be nice to look back have pictures.

So what do yall think? Would you do bridals or use the money towards something else for the wedding?

See you tomorrow for more of Wedding Week!

14 comments:

  1. I have never heard of bridal portraits but yours turned out absolutely beautiful, and you are so right, the perfect opportunity to practice hair and makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are absolutely stunning!! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your pictures! you look stunning and your peonies bouquet was gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are AMAZING!! I ADORE your dress...if I could do my wedding all over again, it's exactly what I would choose. The black and white shots are my favourite...so charming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous!! Love your dress and those beautiful peonies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful shots! I am swooning over that dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers, shoes, dress, veil, your hair. I'm obsessed with all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right, it's pretty much only a Southern thing. I'm sure my mom will insist. It's a good thing to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes you should have a bridal portrait! All southern moms would agree and the portrait should be hanging in the mother house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi AnonymousMOM! Thanks for your input. We ALLLLL know you love a bridal portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ummmm.. I'm kinda sorta in LOVE with your dress and pretty much feel the same way about your flowers! Absolutely beautiful, doll!
    Xo,
    Janell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous and what a beautiful, delicate lace wedding dress with a stunning veil!!!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a stunning bride, and it an honor to have designed your veil! Best wishes to you both for a lifetime of love and light.

    ReplyDelete