Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend Snippets

Doug and I woke up early Saturday morning to hit up some estate sales. We are starting our kitchen renovation in the next couple weeks and I suggested getting used appliances to help keep the cost down. 
We had no luck in the appliance department but I could not walk away empty handed. 

I found a lamp for my future desk. The brass and marble reminded me of my favorite lamp ever... 


  I finally started my ginger jar collection.

I found the most amazing monogrammed china. Unfortunately, it was not my monogram.

Friday night we met some friends at The Pit.
Saturday night we had a much needed Girls Night at Humble Pie.



11 comments:

  1. I am beyond envious at those ginger jars. There perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I haven't been to humble pie in way too long. Is that girl second from left Stephanie Camp? She probably doesn't remember me, but I was her rho chi (or rho gamma, whatever they call it these days) during recruitment.

    I feel old now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some incredible things! Love that lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the ginger jars and the monogrammed china!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That China is unbelievable! So gorgeous! I went to Humble Pie in December. It was good but not my favorite. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your ginger jar collection. mike would NEVER go with me to an estate sale. go doug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVe that lamp. It's soo cute. And that china is so gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks again for letting me know about that china this weekend! i can't even believe how perfect is was! sadly, i was vetoed by the husband. apparently we are supposed to save money for all our renovation projects... lame :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your finds, especially the lamp!! i love that china too and would have been very tempted to purchase even though the monogram is nothing near mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just read your guest post and thought I'd come say hello! What a beautiful lamp! How do you find estate sales? I'm keen to go to one now that I've seen your blog! x

    www.thingsthatmakemesmiledaily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete