Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Budget Bathroom Makeover

Two months later I am so excited to share our bathroom afters.
The before was pretty drab. We have been in our house 4 years and the bathrooms have not bothered me THAT much. They are clean and functional. Lately, we have been discussing the possibility of moving and since the market is crazy right now we figured it would be worth it to spruce things up.


We chose to paint the tile, update the countertops, add new lighting, plumbin fixtures and hardware. We painted the vanity and framed the mirror.


Oh, hi. This bathroom is so skinny it is almost impossible to get some decent pictures.


Tile Painting
This was the biggest expense and made the biggest impact. I am thrilled with the results. It honestly does not look like it has been painted. I would highly suggest hiring a professional. This was tedious work and took most of the day just to prep. Raleigh folks, I recommend Amazing Refinishing if you are thinking about having your tile painted. The prices are fair and they were meticulous.

There are not a ton of options if you are painting the floor tile so I went with white. I was nervous it was going to drive me crazy. So far, I do not have many complaints. I can see hair/dirt more than before, but it is not enough to make me regret the decision. 

Countertops
A great way to save money is to find local granite fabricators and visit the remnant yard. We used a marble stone called Mont Blanc. It is my favorite part of the bathroom.

Plumbing/Hardware
I used a polished nickel finish. The hardware is Martha Stewart from Home Deport and the faucet is Water Creations.

Lighting
The vanity light is the Pullman from Shades of Light.

Vanity
In an effort to save some $$ we painted the vanity ourselves. The color is Benjamin Moore Dior Gray. 

So there you have it. It is always touchy when you say budget because every one's idea of budget is so relative. This was not cheap and we really did not want it to look like a DIY. We saved where we could, but really wanted to make sure it would appeal to buyers in our area.

What are your thoughts on painting tile?  I have no experience trying to paint it myself. Anyone tried? Good or bad?

31 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I am planning to give my bathroom a very similar makeover. Can you share which remnant yard you went to in Raleigh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meghan- I used a work source. I think anyone who does counter tops is going to have a remnant yard. Sorry I am not much help.

      Delete
  2. It looks lovely! I agree it would appeal to buyers. Love the counter top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bathroom looks fantastic! I'm sure the house is going to sell super fast whenever y'all decide to put it on the market.

    Do you mind sharing where you found your marble? I have a bedside table that had a marble top that got lost in a move that I need to get replaced! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kelsey-
      I used a work source. Anyone who cuts counter tops should have a remnant yard. Sorry I am not much help :(

      Delete
  4. So beautiful. What a huge difference from the before. So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tile looks amazing and I think you just convinced me to paint our vanity Dior Gray. Lucky buyers who end up in your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not regret it! The Dior Gray is pretty in person!

      Delete
  6. Hi! I would love to known where you found that granite in Raleigh! Also, I would love to know the break down of the cost. Did you spend $1000? $5000? I am thinking of doing a mini redo myself and would love to know just what to budget!

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stacie,
      If you are interested in a price breakdown feel free to email me-
      jessicaepley@gmail.com

      Delete
  7. this looks so much like our hall bathroom. Same tiles. I can't even believe how awesome this looks. LOVE! So curious how much you paid for the tile painting. Really curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email me and we can discuss jessicaepley@gmail.com

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you sweets. Where have you been hiding? I am missing your blog!

      Delete
  9. It looks so good, the marble counters are my favorite part too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Love the shower curtain....did you buy a plain white one and have it monogrammed?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Did you change the faucets yourself? I am debating on DIY or professional help for ours. . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so pretty ! Would you mind telling me where you got the shower curtains ? they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All Kind of Current Affairs, Latest Hot News updates, Classified Sites, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
    hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. All Kind of Current Affairs, Latest Hot News updates, Classified Sites, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and Much More Fun Only on 1 Current Affairs Network
    hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Earn 10% Profit Daily without any work, just invest and rest for your profit
    Facebook.com/groups/EarningsClub
    EarningsClub.Com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Power of an Investment is Dollar Invest, Now you can invest as low as $5 and get double profit within a week
    Dollar-inv.co

    ReplyDelete
  17. All Time Profit is best platform for best profit online on internet, earn 1.50% hourly for 200 hours, total 300% profit within a week
    AllTimeProfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Online Jobs on Blogs, Just Post a Comment on any blog site and earn $0.06 per Link, Just Like this, Visit and Click on Link Relation
    JobzCorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Find home based jobs of link building, facebook marketing, add marketing, add clicking and much more jobs.
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Online Easy Jobs from home with data entry, copy pasting, facebook jobs
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete