Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wedding Dress Update

Oh where do I begin. I am going to take this time to vent. I have some serious anxiety--my armpits are sweating as we speak. I am on a serious budget and am now the proud owner of not one but TWO wedding dresses. While it may look like I am a baller (I mean seriously, who has TWO wedding dresses?) I am actually about to have panic attack because I am the exact opposite. On Friday I fell in love. I did not even know you could fall in love with a dress but you can. I started this whole wedding process "not caring". Every place I went to try on dresses the sales associates hated me because I could not stand any of the dresses. I mean what is the big deal? They are all white dresses that cost way too much money. I would rather have a refrigerator or a couch. I will be the first person to admit I have been a "Debby Downer" about wedding planning. I am not organized, I procrastinate, and I am on a budget. Now I am all giddy and losing sleep over a DRESS. It is weird because you know how all these people tell you all this BS about putting on a dress and knowing. It turns out they are not lying. I do not know if I can wait until May to wear it. If you see a crazy woman at the dog park, or in the grocery store, or at the bar in a wedding dress it is probably me. I found this mood board I created when I first found out I was engaged. It was exactly what I wanted my wedding to look like. Somehow everything is right back where I wanted it. Notice the dress...






Now go tell your friends to buy my other wedding dress. Even though I just went on and on about another dress this one is pretty bad arse too.

4 comments:

  1. I love this post. The mental picture of you sitting in a park wearing your dress with your dogs running around makes me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg. i am practically giddy over the dress and it's not even my wedding!

    i'm super sad you won't be attending the weekend's festivities...we will just have to have you and doug over for dinner very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mood board! Both dresses are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I could have written this post myself! I have two wedding dresses too- please oh please tell me how you sold one of yours, I need to do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete