Sunday, December 4, 2011

Around the house...

Tree is up. It only took 5 trips to Target. I do not know what is going on. I had so much trouble finding Christmas lights. I HATE LED Christmas lights. They make me cringe. The only thing worse is when there are traditional and LED Christmas lights mixed. Evidently, I am not alone because they are sold out of Christmas lights in Raleigh. 


I went traditional. Tartan, gingham, and glitter. Looks like a J Crew catalog. 

It is December. We have lots of flowers outside. I dig it. 

 My sweet friend gave me flowers last weekend and they are still kicking it. You should go get yourself some. 

 After Hank ate my Domino book I decided to frame some of the pages until I can get some real art. 
It looks better than the empty picture frames I have had janging for 6 months. 



8 comments:

  1. OMG your tree is amazing. Totally like a Jcrew catalog. I love it!!! Great idea to frame the pages, they look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE your tree, totally saving it as inspiration for Christmas next year. Your framed pages look amazing, and I love that gold mirror in the last image. I came across one just like that at an antique store the other day and am still kicking myself for passing it by. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is so cute! I love the gingham ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree looks adorable with the gingham bows! Definitely J.Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bows on your tree! I'm just buying tree ornaments for the first time this year and I'm think I might have to borrow this idea to help fill it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree looks fabulous!! And love the new art :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your art wal is coming right along. Love the gingham and black and red. I also loathe LED lights. I don't care how efficient or safe they are, they are fugly. I have those super old timey giant colored bulbs that are ceramic and they get mega hot. I love them so much.
    I hope to be able to make it to hyla's trunk show tomorrow night. I have to work down near wilmington so it will depend on when I get back. Working is so ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to imagine that Hell is lit with LED xmas lights. They are the worst thing ever invented.

    ReplyDelete