Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Show of Hands | Color Your Cabinets

There are a lot of new things going on around these parts. I decided to have a  new series to fire up some discussions. Two new blog obligations in one week, that is rare. 

Anyways, I really wanted to weigh in on people's thoughts about design trends. First up, colored cabinets. I personally would not really call it trend. I think it is pretty classic and can stand the test of time if they are done right. I only prefer dark/moody colors with a glossy finish. This look screams really expensive to me. That can be good, if it is your kitchen. It can be bad, if you are paying for it. Probably not a great choice for resale either. In a perfect world, where I would be living in my house forever and I had unlimited funds there would dark glossy cabinets. 

In the real world, I would love to do a butler's pantry.


5 comments:

  1. Most of the time, I prefer painted cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only if they are dark. It really does give a great rich look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dark moody cabinets a la Bailey, but I always wonder if it looks as good in person as it does in print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgeee I love the dark glossy cabinets. I die for Bailey's kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually used to dog sit for a family that lived in a beautiful old home. They had the whole kitchen painted a soft yellow. The cabinets were painted the same soft yellow but in a super high gloss finish. It actually looked amazing. I moved away and haven't dog sit for them in several years but I still think about how beautiful that kitchen was. Don't discount lighter/softer colors for cabinets!

    ReplyDelete