Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Get It Together | Home Organization

I am on a mission to get my life together. I have never claimed to be an organized person. I am more of a stuff it in a closet and shut the door type.  Our house is old, which means we do not have a lot of square footage and closet space is at a minimum.  My friend is helping me organize my closet (more on that later) and it has given me the bug to maximize the space we do have. Here are some of my favorite ideas.

Labeling shoes using Polaroid pictures.

This acrylic chest from The Container Store is a great way to organize make up or jewelry.
(And it is on sale!!)

Use pillow cases to organize sheet sets and keep things look neat in your linen closet.

Add a shelf over a bathroom door to maximize storage in small spaces.

I love the idea of towel hangers inside the closet. Perfect to hang blankets or even pressed table cloths.
1| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Never hurts to find projects around the house that are inexpensive and make your life easier.

4 comments:

  1. I dream of having an organized makeup drawer. Ugh! Or even a jewelry drawer. And what girl wouldn't love to have polaroids on all of her shoe boxes. This makes me want to get my s together! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh smart ideas! I especially like the thought of folding my sheets into the pillow cases and adding a towel bar inside the linen closet. Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these ideas! I'm going through the same disorganized feeling in our house right now. Thanks for a cyber kick in the pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. in a dream world, i would have shoe boxes from the container store for all of my shoes, complete with polaroids. and stacked like the great wall of china. oh to dream. i don't even have enough room for underwear my storage space is so limited. i'm getting rid of massive amounts of clothes right now. i have stacks everywhere for consignment, goodwill, giveaway to friend a, b, and c.

    PS | Summer

    ReplyDelete