Monday, February 16, 2015

Stay Warm

We are hunkering down waiting for the sleet/ice storm . It makes me wish I could curl up around a cozy, old fireplace. 

I have a slight obsession with mantles and surrounds. I love symmetry and patina. 
I always have my eyes peeled for vintage mantles. 
This is one of my favorites from Furlow Gatewood. I love the classic slate surround and an old mirror trimmed out. 

 This mantle comes from one of my favorite apartment tours, Rebecca De Ravenel. This was not original to the apartment. It shows you can add you own character. 

Mark D. Sikes has another one of my favorite mantles of all time. 

I always check out Craigslist and Ebay for old mantles, usually with very little luck. Any local sources that are worth checking out?

1 comment:

  1. I've wanted to update ours for so long. They can really make a room - especially since ours is the only real detail in the room. I love the first one - stunning! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete