Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Decorating with Basil

"I'd rather have flowers on my table than diamonds on my neck."
-Emma Goldman

I have come to realize in my older age that I prefer little luxuries to big purchases. 
I will take flowers, candles, wine and good cheese any day over a new car or fancy house.
I went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago and they had basil in vases. I love the idea of greenery in the kitchen, not to mention it is handy for cooking and cheaper than flowers.  It's the little things...

7 comments:

  1. Mm and it smells divine, too! Gorgeous picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with your entire list. One of my favorite kitchen smells is basil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Literally nothing makes me happier than a basil plant in the kitchen. Sigh. PS: "In my old age" - bahahha. Gurl puhlease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same with Rosemary in the winter. Esp near the holidays love the smell and the look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get so much joy out of having fresh herbs at home too! It's easy when you're cooking and need them in a jiffy or just as added color. The amazing smell of miny/basil doesn't hurt either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! What a great idea. I have basil growing in my garden and can't use it fast enough. This is perfect! And what are those knives????

    ReplyDelete