1. PAINT- Add a fresh coat of paint to your shutters and trim for a pick me up. If you are looking for something more drastic, I am a huge fan of painted brick. Check out Southern Living’s favorite color combos for some exterior inspiration.
2. ADD TRIM- It is all in the details. Adding dentil molding provides instant character.
3. UPGRADE PORCH RAILS- Replace rusty iron railing with Chippendale railing to add southern charm.
4. NEW ROOF- This is a huge expense most homeowners dread. Luckily, replacing an aged roof not only boosts curb appeal, it adds value to your home.
5. FRONT DOOR MAKEOVER- Your front door is the perfect place to make a statement and show some personality.
6. ADD PLANTERS- A great way to incorporate color is with planters full of flowers. I love symmetrical box woods.
7. OUTDOOR LIGHTING- Solar powered path lights are budget friendly and no installation is required.
8. LANDSCAPING- Trimming the bushes and adding some fresh mulch to the mix takes a little effort goes a long way.
9. MAILBOX MAKEOVER- I am going to paint the wooden post and add new numbers. Also, create a small flower bed around it.
10. ADD GREENERY- I love the idea of ivy over the garage or window boxes of low maintenance flowers.
This might be the longest blog post I have ever written. Doug and I are using the holiday weekend to get some work done around our house. I made a list of all the things we needed to do. I am not a fan of yard work so I need all the motivation I can get.