Thursday, September 27, 2012

Packing for Italy in the fall...

As I have mentioned before, we have a big trip coming up. We are leaving for Italy in a few weeks. We are traveling to Florence, Tuscany and Cinque Terre. While the boys have been ironing out the details, Lindsay and I have been discussing what to wear. Right now is a very interesting time weather wise. Warm days, cold nights and unpredictable rain (I get all my info from Google).  Nothing can ruin a trip faster than losing your bag so we are going to try and pack for 7 nights in one carry on.
A few basics to consider...
A chambray shirt is a must, great for layering.
I will live in J Brand black denim leggings during the day and then you can dress them up at night.
I am only taking one sweater, I am dying to splurge on the Joie Cowl Neck one. 
 Heath Harrier booties. They are Clark's so they are comfy and chic.
My stylish friend swears by Everlane tees. I am going to get a couple to layer with.
The Downtown Field Jacket is my favorite jacket of all time. I have one in every color.
Madewell storyteller scarf for a pop of color.
My favorite scarf of all time the AA Circle Scarf. It comes in any color you can imagine and can double as a blanket.


I am still on the hunt for a good black dress that I can wear during the day and transition into the night. Do you have any tips or suggestions on things to take?

8 comments:

  1. So fun! That AA circle scarf saved my life on a long flight recently. I was freezing and it was legit the size of a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good satchel/backpack is crucial, Toms (or something like them), and an extra camera battery:) I actually bought that jacket a few days ago - perfect for Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Julia...fit us both in there!!! I am so excited. I think basics are key and then just bring all the accessories. Oh and yes, Toms would be great. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. One dress I've been dressing up/down/every which way is, believe it or not, from Old Navy: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=49426&vid=1&pid=576171&scid=576171012 I have it in black stripes and it's really flattering--looks cute with floral scarves! One note, I'm 5'4" and would probably order it in the tall if I had to do it again since it did get a little short in the wash. I also like taking Baggu bags with me on trips--pack up tiny in your bag, but super useful if you go shopping! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pack warmer than you think- omg I packed all jeans and long sleeve shirts and I was DYING I was so hot! Pack in layers, as is good to pack for any trip really. But Seriously, short sleeve & Long sleeve shirts with button downs to layer and a light jacket for the evening. I'm so jealous! I want to go back right now, wahhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So what did you end up packing? I am making the same trip November 2013 and would love your experience for my packing list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I am curious what you packed as I too am taking a trip to Florence at the end of November 2013

    ReplyDelete