Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Art of Mixing: New and Old

I am loving this traditional Eddie Ross tablescape.
I believe in mixing. Old and New. High and Low.

Monogram China: New but old. You can never go wrong with classic. Worth the investment.
Cobalt Blue glasses: Old and affordable. These are from Etsy but you could score a super cheap set from your local flea market or estate sale.
Crate and Barrel Wine glasses: They add a modern edge to a traditional table.
Target Tablecloth: Cheap. A good linen is hard to find.
Milk Glass Goblets: Another flea market find that can make a table scape.
David Hicks Napkins: Get a fun fabric transformed into some napkins. This adds more modern to the traditional table.

10 comments:

  1. Love this table and the grogeous monograms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue glass & milk glass goblets. They are the perfect contrasting touches to the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait until I can have some monogrammed china!! Love the milk glass as well!

    itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking about starting a ginger jar collection. Love blue and white together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous tablescape! I agree with you- I love mixing a little old and new.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect, perfect table scape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is the tablescape master isn't he? Love everything he does. Thanks for breaking it down in this post! P.S. I tagged you in an 11 question blog tag post here. No pressure obviously but it was actually kinda fun :)
    http://honeyandfitz.blogspot.com/2012/03/11-question-blog-tag.html#axzz1mqrr78cn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh beautiful....and that's my china :) I am a huge fan of mixing old + new!!!

    Dominique @ comfycozycouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. new follower to your blog! I'm from Greensboro, NC- what a small world! I love mixing old and new- the look of it is just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  10. my mother is a master at this. i love every item above. obvi.

    ReplyDelete